These top liver cleanse foods are not only a critical part of detoxing and maintaining optimum liver function, they also happen to taste fantastic and will help keep your entire body healthy, happy and full of vitality.
Before and after a liver cleanse, foods such as these should be the bulk of your diet. Keep processed foods to a minimum and drink alcohol in strict moderation, if at all. Your liver is one of the most important organs in your body, so treat it well and you’ll be well rewarded for years to come.
The Best Liver Cleansing Foods
• Grapefruit is incredibly rich in antioxidants, including vitamin C and can help your liver cleanse itself of toxins. Be sure to check with your pharmacist before taking any medications as grapefruit can interfere with how your body metabolises certain drugs.
• Garlic contains selenium which helps your body form antioxidant enzymes and glutathione which is a powerful antioxidant and detoxifying agent.
• Apples contain rich amounts of pectin’s that your body can use to cleanse and release toxins from the digestive tract. Be sure to choose organic apples and juice for the best results as apples are one of the “dirty dozen” foods that should always be eaten organic.
• Olive oil is important because our bodies need sufficient lipids (fats) to rid itself of toxins and function normally. Cold pressed organic oils like certain olive oils, flaxseed oil and hemp are the best choices because they are minimally processed.
• Broccoli contains sulfur compounds including glucosinolate which can protect against carcinogens when eaten as part of a balanced diet.
• Walnuts are a wonderful source of arginine, an important amino acid that helps the body heal in a timely fashion and decreases blood pressure.
• Wheatgerm is another good source of selenium and it also contains the antioxidant Vitamin E as well as other phytochemicals that support good liver health.
• Turmeric is a powerful healing spice that can help your liver flush out toxins.
• Leafy green vegetables such as spinach, kale and turnip greens contain high amounts of plant chlorophylls. These can assist the liver by absorbing toxins. They are also high in vitamins and fiber to aid in general health and well-being.
• Green tea contains catechins, a kind of antioxidant that supports liver function as well as helping to prevent cancer and other tumors.
You’ll want to include these liver cleanse foods in your diet as well as follow these basic principles of healthful eating:
● Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, preferably raw or lightly cooked. This will ensure that as many of the nutrients as possible are able to be utilized by your body.
● Do not eat to excess as this puts a high burden on your liver.
● Drink plenty of water and green tea. Avoid alcohol and highly caffeinated beverages.
● Choose unsaturated, lightly processed fats over saturated fats.
● Give your liver a chance to rest by eating lightly in the evenings.
● Get plenty of sleep and exercise.
By eating the right liver cleansing foods and living a healthy lifestyle, you’ll be able to avoid the symptoms of liver and gallbladder disease and enjoy every day to its fullest.
In addition to eating these healthy liver foods, it is recommended taking a natural liver cleanse supplement while you’re in the process of healing your liver. This herbal blend will greatly enhance the healing powers of these foods!
To learn more about the best liver cleansing foods and diets, please sign up for our mailing list below. You will be able to personally keep in touch, as well as be informed on the latest tips, information, and resources that will aid you in this process.