A detox liver cleanse diet can help you look and feel better by ridding the liver of toxic accumulations so that it can perform at its best.
The liver is at the center of our body’s well-being as it performs many crucial functions including filtering toxins from the food and drink we ingest before they hit the bloodstream, converting nutrients into chemicals the body needs for digestion and protein synthesis.
Without a properly functioning liver, all of our other organs suffer.
Some of the symptoms that can be alleviated by a detox liver cleanse regimen include:
● Digestive system problems such as frequent queasiness or nausea, indigestion, excess gas and constipation/diarrhea.
● Frequent headaches.
● Constant tiredness and brain fog
● Discomfort in the abdomen and lower torso
● Backaches and muscle pains
● Skin problems such as unexplained rashes
● Food sensitivities and intolerance.
There are several different detox liver cleanses that one could try. A liver flush is designed to rapidly cleanse the liver and flush out gallstones. This is a two-day procedure that can be done at home and usually involves grapefruits or apple juice, Epsom salts and olive oil.
Other detoxifying liver cleanses can involve:
● A raw foods diet
● Special herbal teas and capsules such as milk thistle and SAM-E
● Vitamins including Vitamin C, E and beta carotene and b-complex vitamins and minerals such as selenium
● Strict diets that are followed for 2-3 weeks
Before you try any detox liver cleanse, be sure to do your research and consult with your physician, particularly if you have a chronic condition or have symptoms such as severe pain that could be a sign that you need urgent medical care.
You should also consult your pharmacist if you are taking any medications to make sure that there are no contradictions with any of the herbs, supplements or foods called for in your detox liver cleanse.
Along with a detox and liver cleanse, it’s crucial to remember that taking good care of your liver should be a life-long endeavor. After all it’s vital to keeping your entire body healthy and free of toxins. A properly functioning liver will help you remain energetic, happy and looking your best.
Some of the ways that you can keep your liver healthy beyond a detox liver cleanse include:
● Drinking alcohol in moderate, preferably not at all
● Avoiding fatty, greasy foods especially those high in saturated fats
● Eating foods that are rich in natural antioxidants, especially fresh vegetables and some fruits.
● Eating good fats such as cold-pressed, natural oils like Olive Oil, Hemp and Flax seed and Omega 3s that are found in fish, some nuts and flax seeds.
● Maintaining a healthy weight.
● Avoiding toxic chemicals as much as possible including pesticides.
Taking care of your liver is one of the best ways to ensure that you will lead a long and healthy life with plenty of energy to enjoy it.
You can help reverse the damage done to your liver by doing a detox liver cleanse but don’t forget that you will also need to make lasting lifestyle changes to continue to reap the benefits year after year.
To learn more detox liver cleansing diets, foods, and the symptoms and cures of liver disease if you or anyone you know has been diagnosed, please sign up for our mailing list below. You will be able to personally keep in touch, as well as be informed on the latest tips, information, and resources that will aid you in this process.